Your privacy is important to us. We believe it is important for you to know what personal data YouthNet will collect from you, why we collect it, how we use it and what rights you might be entitled to as a student or user.
This policy sets out the basis, under applicable data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), on which we will process any personal data we collect from you or your school provided to us through your use of the LaunchPad e-learning platform.
- Why do we collect personal information?
- Use of information we collect
- How we protect your information
- Disclosure of information
- Retention of Data
- Your Rights
- What we will not do with your data
- Questions or Feedback
Why do we collect personal information?
- We collect your data to track your learning on www.launchpadnagaland.com. With the information provided we ensure that we serve you with the correct feedback regarding your progress, performance and other feedback.
- Information collected enables us to give you convenient access to our service offerings and may help us tailor your educational experience.
- Information we collect may include: your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, login name, etc. We request personally identifiable information when you register on the site or through the application.
- When we refer to “personal data” in this policy, we mean any information relating to you from or in relation to which you may be identified (directly or indirectly). This might include, for instance, your contact details, your biographical details, work & education history, bank details, your preferences & nominations, online identifiers, and factors specific to your physical, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. Your personal data may also include any comments or opinions made by you or about you.
Use of information we collect
Our primary goals in collecting information from and about you are to:
- Provide you with all features and functions of the site and the application.
- Communicate with you regarding our website and features.
- Complete a transaction or service (if needed).
- Provide all students a smooth, efficient and personalized experience while using our site.
Specifically we may use your personally identifiable information for the below purpose:
- To deliver contents, services such as educational programs, information or content that is of interest to you.
- To share the updated information and other new contents or programs from LaunchPad or other materials.
- To ensure the content you view on site and application are relevant to your needs and interests.
- To ensure the content you view on site and application are relevant to your needs and interests.
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To allow you access to certain functions or features of our site.
- To contact you in response to requests or inquiries we may receive from you.
How we protect your information
- We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect personally identifiable information you provide to us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us.
- We also use administrative, physical and technical precautions to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information stored on our system.
- We urge you to keep any password for use of the application and/or site in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your personal data with your school, Department of School Education and/or Department of Youth Resources and Sports, Government of Nagaland, where necessary or desirable to do so.
We may also share your personal data with service providers, for example of IT services and program partners in the course of providing its services to the student/user or in the course of undertaking content development activities, including the following:
- Cloud-based data storage systems used by us to operate the platform as a hosted solution.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our promotional activities and the analysis of data supplied via the platform for contact enrichment and lead generation purposes.
- Government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information).
We require all our third party service providers and all other companies within our group to take appropriate and stringent security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal data to other third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we sell or buy any business assets or receive investment into our program, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective or actual investor, seller or investee of such business or assets.
- If YouthNet or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us, including your data and data about our program, and correspondents will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or our safety or the safety of our stakeholders or others.
Retention of Data
We will not store your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary to use it in accordance with this policy or with our legal rights and obligations. For the avoidance of doubt, aggregated and anonymised data and any information other than personal data can be stored indefinitely.
|For Users||We will retain your personal data for a period of 7 years. After this period, your personal data will be anonymised or deleted.|
|For Advertising Contacts||We will retain your personal data for a period for so long as necessary to continue to provide you with updates or other educational emails or other communications in circumstances in which you have consented (where necessary) or else not unsubscribed to receiving such communications and in which we have a continued legitimate interest in undertaking that advertising.|
You have the following rights in regards to your personal information:
|You have the right to access information about the personal data we hold about you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee in response to unreasonable or repetitive requests, or requests for further copies of the same information.|
Right to object to processing
|You have the right to object to processing of your personal data where that processing is being undertaken by us on the basis of our (or a third party’s) legitimate interest. In such a case we are required to cease processing your data unless we can demonstrate compelling grounds which override your objection. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing by us of your personal data for direct advertising purposes.|
|You have the right to request that we rectify any inaccurate personal data that we hold about you.|
|You have the right to request that we erase any personal data that we hold about you, based on one of a number of grounds, including the withdrawal of your consent (where our processing of that data is undertaken on the basis of your consent), or if your object to our continued processing (as mentioned above). This right does not extend to information which is not personal data. Please also note that it is likely to be necessary for us to retain your personal data for the purposes of assessing and verifying data that is submitted and/or held on the Platform, and your rights under applicable law to request erasure may be limited accordingly. We also reserve the right to retain your personal data in an anonymised form for statistical and benchmarking purposes.|
Request to restriction of processing
|This enables you to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.|
|You have the right to obtain copies of your personal data to enable you to reuse your personal data across different services. You may also request that your personal data is transmitted directly to another institute/organization where this is technically feasible using our data processing systems.|
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Please note that if you exercise any of the above rights to require us to restrict or cease processing or to delete personal data, and this type of processing is required in order to facilitate your use of the Platform, you will no longer be able to use the Platform following the date on which we action your request. This does not include your right to object to direct advertising which can be exercised at any time without restriction. Please allow at least 5 working days for your request to be executed.
Save as set out above, your rights detailed above can be exercised free of charge in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please contact us directly if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority.
What we will not do with your data
- We will not share your personal data with any 3rd party other than those described above for any purpose whatsoever without your consent
- We will not share your personal data with any organization who wishes to use this data for political gains for themselves or others or for any form of commercial gain
Questions or Feedback
Address: YouthNet Main Office, Billy Graham Road, Near Kohima College, Kohima- 797001